Fair Oaks Community Garden
4150 Temescal St.
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Contact via Email
- Community Gardening
- Food Closet Garden
- Organic Gardening Methods Used
- Fair Oaks Garden
- Sharing Gardening Space
Hours of OperationFair Oaks Community Garden is open by appointment during daytime hours, for touring with a member of the Coordinating Committee. If you are interested in a tour or would like to inquire about securing a plot, please call 916-966-1036.
Fair Oaks Community Garden is a 1.85 acre community garden comprised of 84 plots assigned to area residents It does contain a robust Food Closet Garden delivering over half a ton of fresh, organically grown produce to the local food bank distribution center, annually.
Fair Oaks Community Garden's Mission:
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere, encouraging the social interactions so important to building a vibrant, friendly gardening community
- Educate gardeners in sustainable horticulture practices
- Effective organic pest abatement, stressing methods that do not harm beneficial organisms
- Green waste conversion to compost
- Soil amendments and fertilizers that do not impact our waterway
- Encourage the use of garden plots and open spaces to create an environment in harmony with our natural resources
- Continue to provide healthy, organically grown fresh produce to the area's local food banks. Over 1000 lbs of fresh produce has been delivered to local food banks annually since 2009!
- Photo credits: Suzanne Hambleton and Various Garden Members